While in 1832 the first Miraculous Medals were being produced, Paris was hit by a terrible cholera epidemic that claimed more than 20,000 lives.
In June, the Daughters of Charity started to distribute the first 2,000 medals, especially to infected people who filled the hospitals.
The healings increased, also the special protection against the disease and the healing in emotional distress. It was overwhelming. The population of Paris began to call the medal „miraculous”.
The Blessed Virgin Mary firstly manifested her prudence by devoting herself to God’s service at an early age, when she was presented by her holy parents in the temple of God, and where she remained occupied in the meditation of His law, and in the celebration of His divine perfections.
The blessed Virgin, in choosing “the better part,” manifested her singular prudence, as this is a virtue which guides us in the choice of our objectives, and in the selection of the means to attain them.
Order in Kolbe Publications
Download in pdf
We offer a new flyer “Virgin of Virgins”. Mary — this perfect masterpiece of God — is a woman. Therefore, of all the creatures that He made, women, and especially virgins, have a special relationship to her. This, above all else, is the great duty of woman: to be an image, a living icon of the Immaculata. That is why it is so necessary for a woman, a virgin, to follow her prototype. Mary gives the example of the virginal life and vocation, and the perfection of feminine nature comes about through conformity to her: to the extent that a woman reflects HER in her life, she becomes precious, strong, pure and preternaturally beautiful.
We offer new 8 flyers:
1. Mary, Vanquisher of all heresies
2. The Immaculata — Model of Silence
3. Venerable Fr. Venanty Katarzyniec
4. The Consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
5. The Immaculata — Seat of Wisdom
6. The Virtues of the Blessed Virgin Mary (part I) — Mary’s Virtues in relation to God
7. The Virtues of the Blessed Virgin Mary (part II) — Mary’s Virtues in relation to men
8. The Virtues of the Blessed Virgin Mary (part III) — Mary’s Virtues in relation to herself
Download all flyers